QuickMon is a simple monitoring and alerting tool. It allows you to monitor and alert on various resources/services locally or remotely.
Summary of functionality
- Polls resources on predefined frequency
- Agents use a 'plug-in'
- Agents are Config driven - Each 'agent' can be customized on its own
- Each resource type serviced by a different Collector agent
- Collector agents returns one of three possible states: Good, Warning or error
- Several different notifier agent available for alerting
- Each notifier can be set up to fire on collector states - e.g. only errors/errors and warnings
- Groups of resources can be monitored (and alert on) as a unit - using
- Collector agents dependency: 'child' collectors will only operate if parent returns 'good' state
- Alerting can be customized in several ways - like suppression, delaying, repeating etc.
- Resources on remote machines can be monitored via remote host functionality if direct access is blocked (e.g. firewall)
- Collector agents can be set to operate only in specified 'service windows'
- Collector agents can suppress/override polling frequency
- Corrective scripts can be executed if collector returns error/warning
- Monitor packs can be used in both a Windows client or a Windows Service
- It still runs on Windows XP (base application, service and most agents tested so far). Yes, it runs on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and server versions like 2003, 2008 and 2012.
Please don't be shy to report any issues or suggestions. Log it under discussions or issues as needed or even drop me a message.