QuickMon is a simple monitoring and alerting tool. It allows you to monitor and alert on various resources/services locally or remotely.
A new version is available.
- Monitor pack Logging: For troubleshooting and keeping a bit of history the Monitor pack itself can enable logging to a text file. A number of flags can be set what to include in the logging.
- Categories: Collectors (hosts) can be tagged with a number of categories which can be used for selective logging (monitoring) or selective alerting. Notifier hosts can be set up to only accept alerts from collectors with a specified (list) of categories.
- The QuickMon service now supports multiple instances! This means multiple remote hosts (each with a different port) can be used to service different purposes. Installation of the extra instances is still a manual process (but will be simplified in the future).
Use "QuickMonService -help" from the command line for more details.
Additionally a few more basic templates have been added as well.
Summary of functionality
- Polls resources on predefined frequency
- Agents use a 'plug-in'
- Agents are (XML) config driven - Each 'agent' can be customized on its own
- Collectors can service multiple collector agents - of different types
- Collector hosts returns one of three possible states: Good, Warning or error
- Several different notifier agent available for alerting
- Each notifier can be set up to fire on collector states - e.g. only errors/errors and warnings
- Groups of resources can be monitored (and alert on) as a unit - using
- Parent Collector host specify if child collectors get run based on specified 'Check behavior'.
- Collector hosts can run as a 'different user' (impersonation)
- Alerting can be customized in several ways - like suppression, delaying, repeating etc.
- Resources on remote machines can be monitored via remote host functionality if direct access is blocked (e.g. firewall)
- Collector agents can be set to operate only in specified 'service windows'
- Collector agents can suppress/override polling frequency
- Corrective scripts can be executed if collector returns error/warning
- Monitor packs can be used in both a Windows client or a Windows Service
- It runs on All versions of Windows that supports the .Net 4.0 framework - e.g. 10, 8, 7, Vista and even XP. Windows Server OS'es are also supported.
Please don't be shy to report any issues or suggestions. Log it under discussions or issues as needed or even drop me a message.